Tuesday

Fourth of July

The first summer that Andy and I "hung out" was the very first time that I ever attended the St. Paul 4th of July Parade.  I was newly 21, he was 23 and freshly out of college, without a job, and plenty of time on his hands to "court" me.  That was the best summer....tons of fun and clever dates (swathing, trips to scary cemeteries, out to fun bars) , surprises (carrot cake in a college class, a detailed car complete with my favorite Dave Matthews Band cd), and visits to me at work (also the first summer I worked for Ioka).  The summer between us ended awkwardly, 100% the fault of mine, and is a ridiculously absurd story for some other time (I feel like an idiot even thinking about it).  Luckily for us, alls well that ends well.

Anywho, back to the parade.  We have gone to the parade every year for the past 8 years with just about all of Andy's extended family each year.  It is the best small-town parade... anyone can enter into it the day-of!  There is lots of candy, and lots of waving, and you always see someone in the parade you know.  This year was Aiden's second parade...last year he got to meet Abe Lincolin! :)  We have such a great time going, and look forward to it all year long.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment