Thursday

Bad Blogger

I know, I know, I've been really bad at this lately! Seems like a fell off the wagon about a month abo when our laptop had to take a two week trip to the laptop hospital, and it's been downhill with my blogging ever since!

Hopefully now I am back on the wagon!

It seems like the last month or so has just flown by. I honestly thought when we had Aiden that things would slow down, but I'm not sure that's the case. Here are some of the things we have been up to lately...

-Lots of work outside, when it hasn't been blowing 100 miles an hour or raining cats and dogs! We got our lawn planted, and our garden is just about ready to plant (if it would ever dry out for a couple of days) I can't wait to plant our garden! I drew out where everything is going to go and when it gets planted, but because of all the rain, I am a couple weeks behind on my peas, lettuce, bok choy, and radishes. Oh well, I'll get it planted eventually!

-Aiden officially started walking about 2 weeks ago! It is a total crack up to watch, because even though he is pretty steady, he sort of stumbles around like he is drunk. And he is quite proud of himself because he figured out how to walk, AND hold something at the same time! I can't wait until it is nicer outside and our lawn is up so he can run around outside...we both have a serious case of cabin fever!

-I've been spending a lot of time planning the HEIDISTRONG 2010 Fundraiser for Heidi! I am having a really fun time doing it, and am absolutely blown away at the generosity of everyone I have come in contact with! It is on June 5th at Bauman Farms...call or email if you want tickets, tshirts, want to donate something for the auction or want to help!

-Oregon Ag Fest is right around the corner, so I have been spending a lot of time helping finalize all of those details as well. This is the 23rd year of the event, and I am proud to say this is my 6th year helping. It is amazing to watch 17,000 people, many of whom have never been on a farm before, learning all about the amazing gift of Oregon agriculture! I feel really blessed and proud to be a part of such a thing. April 24-25th at the Oregon State Fairgrounds....FREE for kids under 12, and all activities are FREE!

-Andy and I are in the process of moving our office upstairs. We have two rooms in the upstairs of our house that right now we just use for storage, but are going to consolidate (and throw away, yay!!) all the stuff into one room, and turn the larger of the two into an office for Andy and I. Our current office is mostly Andy's stuff (a few grumbles from me), but starting June 1st, I will need my own space, as I will no longer be working outside the home, I will be doing extremely part-time work only from home, but still for the same company. YAY!!!! So, starting then, I will officially be a stay-at-home mom!!! It is quite bittersweet though, because I really love my job. If there was anyway to continue to work full or part time, and keep my sanity, I would do it in a heartbeat. But the perfectionist, type-A, must-be-prepared-for-everything gal that I am, just can't do it. Me being home is what is in the absolute best interest of Andy and Aiden, and that is what I need to do.

So, that is what has been going on around here for the last month or so...I will post some pictures when I get around to taking them off of my camera, sooner or later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment