Thursday

A Complete 180

It's amazing how much can change in the span of a week and a half. Twelve days ago, the worlds of thousands (and amazingly I am not exagerating with that number) of people were rocked when we found out that our Heidi's snowboarding trip came to a life-altering ending. I can only speak for my own emotions those first couple of days, but helplessness and uncertainty were top of mind. But slowly, almost hour by hour, those emotions changed to encouragement and sheer amazement. I watched with my jaw on the desk as the number of people that looked at her blog grew by the minute (I know because I watched...don't worry, I didn't artificially inflate it!), and as it became apparent that not just her family and a few close friends were praying and rooting her on, but it seemed as though just about the whole country was doing the same, even New Zealand! Offers to get her and her family home by private jet & retrofitting at their house...it was like "Heidi's Army" had been called to action and all were going at 110%! And the sheer detirmination of Heidi, to not let her injuries slow her down, and the courage she has shown in the last 12 days, well, if they haven't changed the attitudes of many, I would be very surprised.
She is a bright and shining example of God's miracles in action, and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment