Wednesday

I Must Vent...

There was an article in the Statesman this morning about PGE replacing all of their old antiquated meters with new digital meters, and all the complaints they are getting because some people's bills are going up as the new meters are much more sensitive and pick up tiny amounts of power usage that the old ones did not (the power it takes to keep the lights on your printer on, or the clock running on your microwave).  And, obviously, PGE is cutting a fat hog on this deal, raking in money hand over fist.  ARGH!!  I love how people are so quick to complain, but never stop to think about the incredible amount of resources it takes to run a company like PGE, and that in reality, Oregon's power rates are significantly lower than most other states.   Don't they realize that, in effect, they were stealing power?

I suppose I  have a small dog in this fight as Andy and my dad work for PGE, but I just wish people wouldn't be so dang quick to complain about every little thing that they see as a personal attack by big business, and would actually stop to think about how businesses run and what it takes to be even a tiny bit profitable.  I have a lot of additional thoughts on this, but I think I will just stop now because it could get ugly.  :)  Ahhh, I feel better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment