Tuesday

All Mixed Up

These last 4 days have left me feeling upside down and inside out.  Andy and I went to Walla Walla to see my sister on friday, and ended up in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho on sunday morning to see Andy's cousin Heidi who had a snowboarding accident that has left her, hopefully temporarily, unable to feel her legs.  We got back home yesterday afternoon, but I am left feeling so many contradictory emotions that I don't know which way is up.

How can be feeling anger, saddness, extreme faith, hope, and total amazement all at the same time?? I don't think I have ever prayed so much in my entire life, and knowing that thousands of people are doing the same for the same person...there really isn't any way to really describe it. Amazing doesn't do it justice.  I know that these things happen for a reason, they don't "just happen".  But I want to know why...I wish I could fast forward a month or a year and see why.

My Type A/Quick Start personality is kicking in at full-steam, yet, I feel completely helpless. 

Praying for Heidi has consumed me, and it is the only thing that is making me feel less helpless.

No comments:

Post a Comment